Argument research paper topics should be thoroughly chosen to ensure that you can provide a proper discussion of the given topic. On the whole, argumentative research papers are assigned to students in order to test their debating and critical thinking abilities. Second, when assigning argumentative research papers, professors want to find out how well students can argue on different topics and defend their standpoints. As such, argumentative research papers can well reflect how well a student has acquired knowledge in a specific subject.
Argumentative paper writing is also decisive for a student’s quality of future performance in oral speaking or presentations. Actually, a well-written argumentative paper demonstrates a student’s comprehension in such areas as writing, reading, and analytics. If at least one point of the aforementioned three is weak or you feel that you have insufficient skills in it, you will definitely have to seek help in research paper writing. You should also keep in mind that you will have to consult external sources if you are assigned an argumentative paper. Why? – Because your arguments and claims need to be supported by expert opinion. Therefore, you have to look only for credible and peer-reviewed sources to sound plausible.
One of the most challenging aspects about writing an argumentative research paper is to choose the best topic of the available argument research paper topics. This option is a challenging one only if you are given a chance to choose the topic on your own. In most cases, the topics are assigned by professors. However, in the modern era of political and economic debated, ethical controversies, technological progress, and other movements, it is not hard to come up with controversial research paper topics.
If you have an opportunity to choose a topic on your own, it is highly recommended to select controversial topics for research papers. First of all, they attract the audience and make your listeners and readers more interested in reading your paper. Second, they make the audience more active in the discussion since the topics usually provoke heated debates. Still, you should be careful about the types of topics you select since some of them may even lead to strong and lengthy arguments between your listeners. When presenting an argumentative research, your aim is not to cause a heated discussion but just to arouse the interest of your audience.
When choosing one from the list of argument research paper topics, it is essential that the paper you write contains objective critique of the given problem or issue. Therefore, keep in mind that each claim you put forward is supported with sufficient evidence and expert opinion on the topic. Without ample evidence, you will not be able to convince your audience in your standpoint.
A List of the Controversial Topics for Argument Essay Papers
There are numerous materials and guidelines for students who do not know how to write a successful argumentative research paper. You can find manuals that assist students of different academic levels: from high school to university. Actually, the academic level will be decisive for the overall writing style and complexity of writing. Besides, it is important to take into account the level when choosing the discipline you would like to present your argumentative paper in. If you have been assigned an argumentative research paper but you are left with a challenge of choosing the best topic from the list of topics for argument research papers, read on and find some of the most relevant and creative research essay topics.
Topics on Education
Have a look at great research topics on education and decide on the best one.
- Should children with special needs be taught in an ordinary class?
- Are standardized scores effective and reliable for determining whether a student should graduate from the high school?
- How can the American educational system be improved?
- Who should determine the school curriculum in public schools: the state or the communities?
- What schooling system do you personally prefer: student-oriented or teacher-oriented?
Topics on Sports
Sometimes it may be difficult to make up one’s mind on the best research reports topics on sports. But with our help, it will not be a challenge for you.
- What are the main stereotypes surrounding sports activities in school? Does involvement in sports severely affect a student’s grades?
- Can cheerleading be regarded as a real sport?
- Do you agree that colleges spend too much money on organizing sporting events?
- Your standpoint on animal sports: should they be prohibited?
- Should the state control the number and the nature of ads streamed on TV during sports events?
- Do you agree that female and male athletes should be equal in wages for their sports accomplishments?
- Do you agree that one can categorize chess as a sporting activity? Why (not)?
- Provide a discussion of the most dangerous sports.
- How can one measure the highest achievements in sports?
- Do you agree that violent video games pose a threat on the mental health of students?
- Is involvement in sports advantageous for students?
- Do you agree that famous sportsmen deserve the huge salary they are paid?
- Do steroids have more positive or negative influence on sportsmen’s health?
- The role of PE lessons in schools and colleges.
- Is competition the only one way to demonstrate and prove your knowledge and expertise?
- Are children who are involved in sports less prone to demonstrate deviant behavior?
- Is it possible to strictly control cases of cheating in sports?
- What types of sports are favorable for training the biggest group of muscles?
- Is cheerleading suitable for all types of sports?
- Do you believe that there are specific types of sports that are meant only for the well-off?
Research Paper on Technology: A list of Topics
Below find a list of good topics for a research paper on technology. We hope that it will help you to make the best choice on the topic and as a result, create a great project.
- Can technological advancements and modern gadgets turn people into techno-zombies?
- Is technology making people more social or, on the contrary, lonely and isolated from the community?
- Do you agree that online dating will one day replace the real-life acquaintance and communication?
- Is technological progress boosts people’s creativity or, on the contrary, leads to its deterioration?
- Do you agree that there will be a period in life when technological advancement will no longer be possible?
- Is it worth to spend funding on investigating the space while there are so many spheres on our planet that need financing?
- How has education benefited from the technological advancement?
- Has technology made people more stupid or more intelligent? What opportunities has it opened?
- Can technological progress be used for helping with people’s mental and emotional problems?
- Cloning as a technological advancement: its pros and cons.
- Do you agree that modern-day technology limits people’s creativity?
- Do you agree that modern-day people will not be able to live without technology?
- Which friends are better: those you interact with in real life or those you communicate with online? Why?
- Is it necessary to put the information posted online to censorship?
- Is it safe to date someone online? What consequences might online dating have?
Tips on How to Write an Effective Argumentative Research Paper
- Make sure you provide a realistic topic and discuss realistic things. Do not focus on some potentially possible or probable situations/ inventions, etc.
- Choose a topic touching upon a contemporary issue.
- Start your essay with a hook to draw your readers’ attention to some issue/ problem.
- Avoid first-person pronoun usage. You can use “I” if you need to provide your own opinion.
- Make sure you read information not only relating to your standpoint but also to contrary opinions. You should be able to provide a contradictory view and its rebuttal.
When supporting your arguments and claims, be sure to provide the following:
- Objective judgments;
- Expert opinion as supporting evidence;
- Clear criteria on the importance of the topic;
- Feedback from competent experts.
It is normal when you may need expert help with your argumentative papers. Still, whenever possible, try to practice your writing style and consult manuals and guidelines that will help you organize your paper.