Time Management Tips for Students
From the first days of studying, many freshers find time management one of the most challenging tasks. With so many new duties, e.g., visiting the library, essay writing, commuting home for weekends, good time management can really make a difference. Using the tips below will help you to become a better time manager and make your life easier:
- Buy a calendar. It can be a paper one as well as digital on your cell phone or on your PDA. Just have one.
- Write everything down. All assignments must be written down in one place. Multiple calendars make it easier to miss something. Schedule the time to sleep, to do the laundry, to call parents. The crazier your schedule becomes, the more you need it organized.
- Plan time for relaxing. The fact that your schedule starts at 7 a.m. and finishes at 11 p.m. does not mean that you are able to have time for a break.
- Ensure flexibility. Undoubtedly, there will be events not included in your schedule. It is impossible to plan everything. That is why it is advisable to leave space in the calendar to be able to shift things a little when needed.
- Plan in advance. If you have your research paper due the end of the semester, work your calendar backwards: estimate the amount of time you need for proofreading, writing, researching and, finally, choosing the topic. If you consider that 7 weeks would be enough for the whole process, go backward from the due date and schedule time in the calendar.
- Plan the unexpected. There is no doubt that you are able to work hard and pass all your credits on time, but mind that you can fall ill right before the planned all-nighter. What will you do then? Expect something unexpected to plan your calendar accordingly. That will save your time for fixing your mistakes.
- Plan a reward. Your midterm exams will be over on Friday. Schedule a party with your friends for Friday evening to celebrate the end of the nightmare. On one hand, it will be easier for you to go through everything knowing that in some day it will be over. On the other hand, your brain needs to relax.
- Go to QualityCustomEssays.com. Here you can order the best custom essay written for you. This will not only improve your grades, but also will ensure you have an open schedule.