Writing Fast and Without Procrastination
Ways to Do an Essay Quickly and Without Procrastination
Just imagine that your written assignment is due in a couple of hours. Have you ever been in such a situation? Not only do you regret postponing it but also start to panic. Don’t lose your nerve! There’s still a chance of writing a good essay and getting a good grade.
Just follow the simple tricks below:
Prior to doing your essay, you must find some reliable sources. If you are pressed for time to conduct proper research, make sure that you at least flick through the materials you’ve got or read an analysis of the text.
As you read the information at hand, pick the catchiest quotes pertinent to the chosen topic. Be careful to avoid plagiarism though and cite the sources properly.
Devise a thesis
If you don’t know how to write a paper fast from scratch, think of a thesis. It’s the core element of any written assignment: a one- or two-sentence-long assertion that you’ll attempt to prove in the body of the paper. You may also use the quotes, which you have found, to formulate a thesis statement. It might be helpful, however, to gather information first, think of the body and the conclusion paragraphs, and only then start writing an introductory paragraph.
Write topic sentences
When you’re finally ready with the introduction, think of up to five short statements that support your thesis. Some interesting quotes that are relevant to the theme of your essay are highly recommended. After that, carefully formulate fully developed supporting sentences out of the statements that you’ve got.
When you’re done with constructing these sentences, make sure you arrange them properly to develop your argument step by step. Once you have done that, your vision becomes clearer and you may start to add some particular examples. Probably, you already have a profound conclusion in mind, so rush to jot that down as well. If you don’t really see the whole picture yet, don’t get discouraged and proceed with the next step.
Expand the body paragraphs
Add your own thoughts and ideas about the arguments you’ve constructed. If you do use the quotes, definitely state your personal opinion about them. Rephrase, explain, and expand on your topic sentences until you paragraphs are 4-5 sentences each (naturally, depending on the length of the task). If you haven’t written an introduction and/or conclusion, it is high time you did that now.
Most certainly, you already have a well-organized essay with compelling arguments, clear explanations, and brilliant examples. However, there’s one more essential step left – editing. Generally, it’s advisable not to concentrate on grammar, spelling, and punctuation too much when you are in the process of writing. Instead, take some time to thoroughly proofread your written assignment and correct mistakes at the end. If you still have some time, ask your friend to take a closer look at it. Make sure your piece of writing is coherent and easy-to-follow for your future readers.
Let’s imagine that you’ve learned how to quickly deliver an essay, but you still feel that you’ll unavoidably struggle to get down to writing your essay.
Find some handy tips on how to fight procrastination and how to write a paper fast below:
- Eliminate all distracting factors. Mute your phone or switch it off. Lock yourself in a room, disable Wi-Fi, and concentrate on the task you have. Don’t be ashamed to use earplugs if you can’t stop some noises. Create the atmosphere that helps you sharp your focus and that’s paramount.
- Prepare a to-do list. List the tasks necessary to achieve your writing goal. Oftentimes, breaking a seemingly challenging and laborious task into small bits may help to motivate you to start earlier rather than put it on the back burner. Don’t ponder too much on how to write a research paper fast but start doing that instead.
- Set tight deadlines. It’s impossible to overrate the importance of this point. Strangely enough, the deadlines (even if you set them by yourself because you have some other important business) more often than not give students a magic boost of energy and creativity to complete the task on time.
- Just do it. You know more than enough already, so don’t postpone it further. Promise yourself a nice treat after you’re done with the task. Bear in mind that the more distracted you get, the longer it takes for you to write the task.
- Time for the treat. Once you’ve handed in the task, you can celebrate the occasion. You’ve done it! Go to a local café, organize a get-together with your soulmate, or buy cinema tickets depending on your preferences.
Many people tend to ask why it’s important to know how to write an essay fast and properly. There are some extenuating factors when you can’t possibly manage your workload, for instance, or maybe you’re a perfectionist that finds it difficult to complete the task until you make sure that it’s flawless. There are actually a lot of cases that require you to know how to write an essay fast without sacrificing the quality. Maybe your laptop acted up or you’re snowed under with mountains of paperwork at school. Who knows, maybe a dog ate your notebook with home assignment or you met some aliens (ninjas or pirates) and had to fight with them for the Universe. Whatever your true reason is, without a shadow of a doubt, an outstanding story-telling gift will come in handy one day.
Strategies for a successful essay are as follows:
- Proper preparation. Eminent chefs definitely know that preparation is absolutely the key to successful and quick service. These people cut, wrap, weigh, and measure everything they would need in advance, so when a rush hour comes, they already have everything in advance. So, to find out how to write your paper fast, ask skillful chefs for advice.
- Detailed research. Don’t be a lazybones and read as much as you can to truly develop your essay and make it interesting for readers. You may use highlighters or simply take some notes on the most important issues. Believe it or not, the more you know about the topic, the easier it is to compile a gripping essay.
- Create an outline. This can be helpful to organize your ideas and make your writing process less chaotic and stressful. Once you have the outline, you’re halfway through. So don’t panic, but concentrate on bright illustrations or particular details instead.
Keep in mind, dear would-be writer, that there are several essay types: expository, argumentative, cause-and-effect, and analytical, to name just a few. Each of those has surely its own structure, but there are some typical components that will be suitable for all types of essay. For instance, any introduction should have a so-called “hook” and a thesis statement. The hook is actually a trigger that attracts readers’ attention and interest. You can use statistical data, a joke, a quote, a rhetorical question – there are myriad ways. Pay careful attention to your thesis statement, however. It must briefly state what you’re going to mention and basically, it sets the tone of your essay. If you don’t manage to convince your reader with your thesis statement, he/she will most probably stop reading (unless it’s your teacher that must evaluate this assignment). Make sure that the body of your essay is coherent and well-structured. Also, include supporting ideas to prove your point – be creative and demonstrate your own interpretation and stance on certain phenomena. At the end of the day, the conclusion must be a brief summary of the points mentioned throughout your essay. Nonetheless, be careful to avoid using new pieces of information.
Some other techniques that you may find useful include:
- attempt to write an essay having a strictly defined amount of time,
- check out a Purdue OWL page
- read some blogs that might contain handy life hacks related to writing,
- change your attitude to the laborious task of writing and consider it to be a challenge that broadens your mind.
All in all, get out of your comfort zone and rack your brain. Writing isn’t as difficult as you might think. Just study the topic, analyze it thoroughly, and finally get down to writing as soon as possible!